Monday, December 19, 2011

Hiking/Camping

Ok so yesterday I pulled out my hiking pack from college and did an inventory of what I have and need. I have an average size pack, a one man tent, and basic cooking supplies.
The tent is a MSR Hubba tent but the weather prof chemical is breaking down and has become sticky. I have done some research on how to get rid of the sticky film and restore the weather proofing to the tent.
I have a little stove that mounts to a base propane tank and a two pot set. I tested the stove and it still works perfectly!
I have found a trail in the Sam Houston national forest that has a trail network of over 70 miles of trails. This is probably going to be where I start and develop my hiking skills. The only this is it will not have great vistas as some trails in Utah, Colorado or big bend national park. Nether-less it's close and will have cell coverage/gps for my iPhone. I plan on hiking part of the trail at the end of January so I can enjoy the cold nights! I'm very warm blooded.

No comments:

Post a Comment